IPA CBC programmes 2007 – 2013
This awareness seminar on the IPA cross-border programmes was organized in the premises Chamber of Commerce of BIH Federation in Mostar on November 22nd 2007. The seminar was organized in close cooperation of the Directorate for European Integration of Bosnia and Herzegovina, CBIB team, Chamber of Commerce of BIH Federation and Regional Development Agency for Herzegovina region (REDAH).
Different institutions (Municipalities, NGOs, Chambers of Commerce, education institutions, etc.) from the eligible reagion were invited and 36 persons participated. The event was well covered by the local and national media (TV, newspapers and radio).
The objective of this awareness seminar was to familiarize the potential applicants in Sarajevo region with the cross-border programmes Bosnia and Herzegovina – Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina – Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina – Serbia and with the main characteristics of a cross-border project. More specifically, the objective of the awareness seminar was to help potential applicants to start thinking about projects ideas, preparation of projects and search of relevant partners.
With welcome speech the workshop was officially opened by Ms. Radmila Komadina, Mostar city adviser. After the official opening five presentations were delivered:
- Introduction to IPA and IPA Component II: Cross-border programme Bosnia and Herzegovina – Croatia, presented by Nada Bojanic acting Head of the Department for regional cooperation and CBC programmes, Directorate for European Integration for Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Regional project Cross Border Institution Building – CBIB and its activities in the Western Balkans, presented by Natasa Gospodjinacki, CBIB team Leader;
- What is a cross-border project, presented by Vlado Pijunovic from CBIB Sarajevo office.
- Absorption capacities of Herzegovina region, presented by Mr. Ivan Jurilj, Director, RDA REDAH
- Case study, SITOUR cross border project, presented by Mr. Perica Jurkovic, President, Chamber of Commerce of Herzegovina region
The presentations were followed by questions and answers.
Conclusions and Lessons Learned:
The great interest of the participants shows that IPA CBC raises many expectations in the region. This seminar not only raised the awareness on IPA cross-border programmes but initiated requests for further similar events where potential project ideas and partners could be identified. A number of questions were raised and that helped the CBIB team to improve the materials for the future similar events.