Overall objective: To enhance the competitiveness of the tourism sector by the economic valorisation of the cultural and natural heritage
Specific objective: To preserve traditional architecture as significant part of cultural heritage of cross-border area
Project Activities are:
1.1 Development of study on traditional architecture in cross-border area.
1.2 Development of designs for new buildings using traditional architecture for public use.
1.3 Development of recommendations for improvements of existing buildings to better fit in traditional environment.
1.4 Work camp in rural communities active in rural tourism dedicated to interior arrangement with traditional elements.
2.1 Cultural landscaping of 4 rural communities and rehabilitation of water mills/wells
2.2 Development of cultural route involving at least 10 traditional buildings
2.3 Set-up of ethno rooms in at least two rural communities
2.4 Development of promotional materials on cultural heritage sites as tourism offer
3.1 Organization of exhibitions of traditional architecture styles in modern buildings in at least 6 towns in cross-border area
3.2 Preparation of series of articles in targeted magazines on the topic of traditional elements in modern architecture and importance of preserving cultural heritage
3.3 Development of promotional and educational materials targeting local population
1. Preservation and sustainable exploitation of the cultural heritage in terms of tourism ensured
2. Access to local culture for tourism purposes and for local population facilitated
3. Knowledge and awareness of the cultural heritage in cross-border area increased
• 200 notebooks – which will be used for meetings and for promotional and educational activities.
• 200 pens – same as notebooks
• 200 file folders – same as notebooks
• 300 t-shirts – used for rural camps, promotional and educational activities
• 2 roll-ups – for all public appearances of the project, for clear communication regarding the donors and implementing partners
• EU stickers for all goods procured under the project
• 2 Traditional architecture studies for Shkodra and for Polimlje area developed
• Catalogues with architectural solutions for new buildings developed for Shkodra and Polimlje regions. 2000 catalogues printed in Montenegro, and 2000 in Albania.
• Recommendations for improvements in existing buildings for their better fit into the landscape and traditional environment prepared and printed in 2000 copies in Montenegro and 2000 copies in Albania.
• 20 rural families assisted in interior arrangements using traditional elements.
• 4 communities assisted in cultural landscaping, at least 3 water mills rehabilitated, at least 3 water wells rehabilitated.
• 10 sites included in cultural routes on both sides of the border, 2 cultural routes created and signposted, 10 info boards designed and set up.
• Two ethno rooms created, one in Montenegro and one in Albania
• 4000 copies of cultural route guides designed, printed and distributed
• 6 exhibitions of traditional architecture styles in modern buildings organized
• 12 articles on vernacular architecture published (6 on each side of the border)
• 2 fliers (1000 copies each) printed and distributed
• one brochure (1000 copies MNE and 2000 ALB) printed and distributed
• 6 billboards set up,
• 20 guardians of cultural heritage awarded at closing ceremonies of the project.
Ok, I agree