The overall objective of the project is Strengthening the sustainable development of the trans-boundary area, through valorisation of joint touristic potentials based on common natural and cultural heritage.
Specific objectives are the following:
1: To develop new and refine existing tourism packages and improve tourism infrastructure;
2: To train local tourism service providers and guides for niche tourism services;
3: To strengthen cooperation of mountain rescue services and increase safety of visitors.
The main activities foreseen within the Working packages of the project are:
A1. Tourism product development:
– A1.1 Interviews with tourism stakeholders;
– A1.2 Reassessment of existing offer and new tourism packages development;
– A1.3 Organization of a Joint Strategic Workshop;
– A1.4 Preparation of specifications for the arrangement of light infrastructure;
– Development, refining and marking of ‘the Cursed Mountain’ trails.
A2. Human resource development:
– A2.1 Design of trainings;
– A2.2 Implementation of trainings;
– A2.3 Organization of a Press trip according to Balkan Alps itineraries;
– A2.4 Community-based activities.
A3. Branding & market communication:
– A3.1 Web site, promotional material development and video production;
– A3.2 Social media promotion and travel blogging.
A4. Establishing CB mountain rescue centre:
– A4.1 Preparation of specifications for the establishment of the CB rescue centre;
– A4.2 Implementation of works in the CB mountain rescue centre.
1.1. Sites with natural value conserved, revitalized and open to public;
1.2. The offer of active tourism services improved;
2.1. More people become entrepreneur in tourism;
3.1. The offer of active tourism services improved, made visible to international and domestic visitors;
4.1. Improved quality of active tourism services and increased safety of tourists in the mountains.
• 50 km of trails refined marked and developed;
• At least 50 local tourism stakeholders interviewed and involved;
• CB multi-destination tourism product ‘Balkan Alps Experience’ developed (at least 3 versions of itinerary);
• One Strategic Cross-border events/Workshops held.
• 5 trainings for specialized mountaineering guides (2 in winter and 2 training courses in summer conditions, basic and advanced tour module) for 30 guides organized;
• 6 training courses for biodiversity guides (bird-watching, courses in botanic especially for wildflowers, medicinal plants, mushroom picking etc.) with 30 trained guides organized;
• One press trips organized for 30 journalists;
• Provision of the support to women’s entrepreneurship through training and meetings with locals to integrate products that represent the cultural heritage of the Balkanik Alps into the tourism package;
• Tourism providers serving outdoor niche tourism market connected;
• 50,000 community members informed by awareness raising campaigns on the value of natural and cultural heritage of the Cursed Mountains;
• Establishment of a cross-border rescue centre (renovation and adaptation of the centre in Grebaje, procurement of technical, medical and personal equipment).
Ok, I agree