|Programme website||Montenegro – Kosovo*|
|Contribution to the Programme’s specific objective||Improve the wastewater and solid waste management and sustainable use of resources|
|Project start date||29-11-2018|
|Project end date||29-08-2020|
|Project total budget||EUR 315.724,71|
|Project EU funding||EUR 266.012,76|
|Description||The overall objective of the project is Strengthening the sustainable development of the trans-boundary area, through valorisation of joint touristic potentials based on common natural and cultural heritage.
Specific objectives are the following:
The main activities foreseen within the Working packages of the project are:
|Expected results||1.1. Sites with natural value conserved, revitalized and open to public;
1.2. The offer of active tourism services improved;
2.1. More people become entrepreneur in tourism;
3.1. The offer of active tourism services improved, made visible to international and domestic visitors;
4.1. Improved quality of active tourism services and increased safety of tourists in the mountains.
|Expected outputs||• 50 km of trails refined marked and developed;
• At least 50 local tourism stakeholders interviewed and involved;
• CB multi-destination tourism product ‘Balkan Alps Experience’ developed (at least 3 versions of itinerary);
• One Strategic Cross-border events/Workshops held.
• 5 trainings for specialized mountaineering guides (2 in winter and 2 training courses in summer conditions, basic and advanced tour module) for 30 guides organized;
• 6 training courses for biodiversity guides (bird-watching, courses in botanic especially for wildflowers, medicinal plants, mushroom picking etc.) with 30 trained guides organized;
• One press trips organized for 30 journalists;
• Provision of the support to women’s entrepreneurship through training and meetings with locals to integrate products that represent the cultural heritage of the Balkanik Alps into the tourism package;
• Tourism providers serving outdoor niche tourism market connected;
• 50,000 community members informed by awareness raising campaigns on the value of natural and cultural heritage of the Cursed Mountains;
• Establishment of a cross-border rescue centre (renovation and adaptation of the centre in Grebaje, procurement of technical, medical and personal equipment).
|Lead partner||Institution name: Limited liability company „Komunalne djelatnosti“ Plav
Address: Carsijska street nn, Plav
Legal status: Public
|Partner||Institution name: Regional Waste Management Company “Çabrati”
Address: Sadik Stavileci nn, Gjakova/Đakovica
Legal status: Public