In the countries with centralized management the European Commission will be the Contracting Authority (CA).
The European Commission retains overall responsibility for ex ante evaluation on calls for proposal and for awarding grants, tendering, contracting and payment functions.
- The Contracting Authorities’ responsibilities are, inter alia, the following:
- Approving calls for proposals documentation;
- Approving composition of Joint Steering Committees;
- Approving the evaluation reports and list of projects;
- Sitting in the joint monitoring committee in an advisory capacity;
- Signing contracts with grant beneficiaries, including budget revisions (with support provided as appropriate by OSs and JTS).